Management tips - COVID-19, tips for hotel managers
Not that we want to add up to the world-widely spread panic, but there are some things we can do better in our daily operations, which could protect our business. Corona virus is an unusual one, with a longer incubation period than most commonly known viruses and it has few treats of a mean beast. Obviously we will always do everything to protect our staff and guests from such an unpleasant thing, therefore today we are giving you some key tips for managing the hotel and restaurant areas. First, and foremost, we need to raise the awareness amongst the staff about the virus, then we need to implement new routines and cleaning procedures. Then consider the following:
- Disinfectants should be applied during routine cleaning of guestrooms, public spaces, health club areas and meeting rooms.
- Linens may become contaminated with the virus, so it is also important to add disinfectant when washing laundry. Bed scarfs and bed spreads should be washed more frequently.
- train staff to use disinfectant correctly
- all public spaces should be cleaned regularly, i.e. welcome desk and host stand. If possible, provide disposable disinfectant wipes to front-of-house staff to disinfect surfaces between guests. High touch areas in public spaces include tables in the lobby area and buttons on elevators, water fountains and ice and vending machines. Pens at the front desk and room keys and key cards should also be cleaned with disinfectant.
- provide at least 60% alcohol based hand sanitaser in the bathrooms
- cooperate with the local health departments.
Read the full article with more advise on HospitalityNet here